Contrast Dance is the South’s leading dance company specialising in bringing together various dance styles to generate innovative dance forms and performers of our generation.
Contrast Dance Company is lead by Creative Directors Hayley Warman-Johnston and Claire Buck.
Claire focuses on the technique and delivery of Contemporary, Jazz, Ballet, Commercial and leads the Core work & fitness training.
Claire’s Qualifications and experience include.
• Training at Bird College, London
• 3 years dance co-ordinator at Mountbatten School Sports Partnership For Test Valley Schools
• Rock Challenge Choreographer for Mountbatten senior school for 6 years running.
• 7 years experience teaching CPD dance in primary and secondary education
• Fitness Instructor Level 2 (YMCA)
• Exercise to music (YMCA)
• Kids exercise to music (YMCA)
• Zumba Qualification
• LesMills Body Attack
• Lesmills Body Balance
Hayley focuses on the technique and delivery of Street Dance (Funk, old school, break, new school, new style & commercial) and tap technique.
Hayley’s Qualifications and experience include;
• Founder and Creative director of Bustagroove Street Dance school
• I.D.T.A Associate and Licentiate degree in delivery of Street Dance
• Founder & Choreographer of Unit dance crew
• 18 years experience in dance delivery/teaching
• 29 years experience in dance training & performance
• Fully Qualified Street Fit, Zumba, Fitsteps and Bokwa dance Fitness instructor
• Delivers CPD dance to primary & BTEC Dance to senior schools across Southampton
• City & Guilds Level 3 in coaching & delivery of Dance
• CACHE level 2 in Childcare in Education
• First aid trained
We deliver professional, high quality and advanced dance training for young talented dancers from the South coast and offer fantastic and varied performance opportunities.
In our two hour weekly classes based in the state of the art studio at Academy Studios, Romsey our students focus on improving their technique in styles from contemporary to hip hop and everything in between. We help them to progress in their performance skill, choreography skills and creative ability, developing them as all round performers.
As well as our weekly classes we also offer many performance opportunities from local competitions and dance festivals, to national showcases and corporate events.
Entry to Contrast Dance Company is by private audition only. It is essential that individuals hoping to join Contrast have prior dance experience and can be available for our classes from 5.00pm – 7.00pm on Thursday evenings. If you would like to be considered for an audition please send your CV or call us for more information.
If you are interested in Contrast performing at your venue or event please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Dance provision for Primary and Secondary Schools.
Contrast Dance company offer a wide range of dance provision for educational settings. With many years of experience delivering dance sessions to both primary and secondary schools we deliver high quality sessions allowing young people the opportunity to learn new skills, be creative and have fun in a nurturing environment.
The Dance sessions we deliver can be tailored to suit your school’s specific needs. These may be a regular after school club to encourage your pupils to engage in a new activity, a workshop for special events like arts week, festivals and seasonal events, PPA provision, curriculum dance sessions within P.E, choreography for performances, rock challenge choreography and G.C.S.E. dance modules.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Hayley Warman-Johnston and Claire Buck
Founders and Creative directors
Tel: 07092 886748 or 07736 285712